The Lone Star GSP Club is a group of breeders and fanciers of German Shorthaired Pointers and other Pointing Breeds. The Lone Star German Shorthaired Pointer Club was established in 1965 and is a non-profit organization located in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. We are a Member Club of the German Shorthaired Pointer Club of America (GSPCA) which is associated with the American Kennel Club. While we are a diverse group, we have one common link, our dogs. Most of us acquired our dogs for field trialing, but some of us were just looking for a family pet and companion. To promote our breed and showcase our dogs hunting abilities, the Club hosts several field trials and hunt tests in the spring and fall each year. Those of us that breed Shorthairs, do so out of love for the breed and strive to improve the breed towards the ideal versatile hunting dog. Those of us that compete with our dogs, do so because we are proud of them and want to show off their abilities and level of training. Our club exists to provide for the following....
- To provide for the welfare and education of the breed of German Shorthaired Pointers.
- Be an educational resource for the general public and current/ potential new club members, regarding the attributes of the breed and AKC events.
- Host quality AKC events and other activities.
- To encourage participation and education of all current club members.
- To be actively involved with any local or national activities/ events that promote the breed and/ or club.
- Provide a positive environment for club members to socialize, exchange ideas, learn, help others, through training seminars, picnics, awards banquets and club meetings.